Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hard Drive Drove too Hard.

The C:\ drive on my editing desktop failed, completely, today. Now I'm doing minor surgery at Williams' getting all of my datas (1TB total) transferred so I can reinstall windows onto my secondary (now going to my primary) drive.

I AM SO UPSET.

Of course it picks NOW to do this. If it delayed for another week or two, it wouldn't be so issueous. I need to finish editing this batch of "How to Swing a Hammer Like a Girl" segments, so that I can film more this week, and then film a concert this (or next) weekend for The Door Opening Kenzies.

Also, school starts this Monday. That's what's really stressing me. I don't have the luxury of saying "Oh, I'll just transfer stuff in the Broadcasting lab on Monday" because by then it's too late, and I won't even be in the lab all day.

I'm unfamiliar with the feeling of (negative)stress. I LOVE positive stress. Driving ~300 miles between 3 scheduled things, hauling thousands of dollars of equipment, and running multi-camera set-ups by myself is what I LIVE for. Normal humans who are capable of worry would turn into jello with some of that, but I live for it, for like a mountain climber lives for hiking a month in -19145284752 degree weather, starved of oxygen, and friends.

busted hard drives are NOT what I live for.

so Sunday is going to be video editing lock-down day, because ALL of my saturday will be transferring files, and drinking with the most useful of best friends.

But I am also working on my transitional effects and titles and things.


Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment