Saturday, September 1, 2012

I'm going to RAAAANT FOREVVER.

Classes started this week. I am at school from 8-5, Monday-Friday.

Which means that any filming I need to do is only going to happen on weekends.
Also, I'm still planning on taking that internship in Columbus.

I love Columbus. More than Columbus itself, though, I love that partying in Columbus is now an official circuit for networking. I met like 15 people in the field, while at Skully's, and everyone loved me.
I passed out all the business cards I had in my wallet.

There's this girl in my Web Design class who sits next to me, and started telling me that my business cards needed a lot of work. I was like, "You silly! I mean, I know my text is way too dark (I now know to export my projects in CYMK color, as opposed to RGB [Computer Graphics class!]), but regardless, you're twelve. Go home." Then she said she was a certified graphic designer. I dunno. At any rate, first years.

On that note, I have the majority of my classes with her and another girl, both of whom have taken a habit of hanging around me. It will not end well, as I say offensive and idiotic things.

I need a new keyboard. My primary one started getting really odd issues, and I'm gonna call up logitech to see if I can get a new one, because logitech is freakin awesome. but now I'm using this really small one, and I keep accidentally paging down, or =====-ing, whenever I try to backspace. Oh, and my Enter key is microscopic. 

I got a coffee maker when I cleaned out the old house, because everyone left half their crap behind for me to clean, since I'm the only one who cares at all (not anymore). But coffee is gross, so I filled it with tea, instead. And it took me a minute to figure out how the stupid thing worked. But it's a fancy Cuisinart, and makes good tea.

I continually have issues pronouncing the word Cuisinart, because my first introduction to the word was in the movie "Spaceballs". Until I pronounced it like that to Greg, who called me retarded, I did not even notice that the word CUISINE is in it. for the record, it's pronounced CUISINE-ART. As in the art of cuisine. I had been pronouncing it as Queezinart.

My train of thought is really jumping tracks, here. I haven't posted for a while (And I realize that until 2 weeks ago, I hadn't posted for a year, and after that post 2 weeks ago, I've posted like 6 times.) A lot has happened this week, and I've been really busy, and I discovered that posting my brain onto here helps to keep me sane.

I am going to be almost as busy as when I was double full-time+part time, between 3 cities.
Now I'm just going to be double part-time+full-time between two cities, which are, incidentally further away than the span of the previous 3, by almost double. Lancaster-Nelsonville-Athens consists of about 45 miles oneway, 90round trip. Nelsonville-Columbus is about 90 oneway.

which means I'm quickly going to stop existing. especially now that I'm taking classes that require my attention and doing of homeworks.


WHICH OH MY GOD IT FEELS AWESOME AND WEIRD
to be taking classes I know little about. I took broadcasting, and was totally comfortable.
now I'm learning Flash and HTML, and learning new things about Illustrator and Photoshop.

I mean, I'm also taking speech and algebra, which are as formidable as pot-smoking bunny.

I'm actually kind of upset about the algebra. The online classes were full, and I can do a semester of algebra online in less than a week. I have to actually attend a class full of people who NEED to be guided through it, by a teacher who wears a ripped up motรถrhead shirt, and is covered in tats, and already doesn't like that I don't take notes because I can do the equations in my head.

Not trying to sound impressive, it's just really simple stuff, and when I get into theoretical arguments about how much pressure a 2000lb duck would exert if it stepped on you, knowing algebra can show your friends why they are inferior. (This is actually a conversation that was had between me and some friends)

but speech class will be fun, because everyone in there is shy. I've done stand-up, and have already been identified as "That guy" when I came in late one day, blaming it on the "rednecks who can't use the actuators at stop lights, because clearly it's witchcraft made by the homosexuals".

The things I say are often ridiculous, and more orthodox people could find my phrasings and other such nonsense as a negative point of my personality. This cavalier ownership of absurdity, has in fact become one of my strongest assets, as I can hold an interesting conversation with anyone, and contrast myself against the boring rabble of the "too straightlaced to be interesting" professionalism.

I'm not saying I'm unprofessional. Professionals in my field adore and, in extreme cases, revere me. It mostly has to do with my letting my product do the professional speaking for me, and I can let my personality speak for itself. I'm pretty straightforward about what you get, when you come into contact with me. I am literally going through life on the sole idealism of being myself. I mean, I'm poor and living in a town that I despise to its very core, so that might be a reflection of that ideology, but I remain convinced throughout every fiber of my being that I will end up in a much better position, if I persevere through it with "myself" intact.


God, that got ranty. I need to make a note to myself to make sure I do this every night, so that I can make each post have a concise idea behind it, instead of TRACKJUMP TRACKJUMP TRACKJUMP TRACKJUMP RRRRRRAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNT.

No comments:

Post a Comment