Wednesday, September 12, 2012

MY PHONE IS CURED!

My new battery FINALLY arrived after about 2 weeks.

Now, while my phone had the sickness, I had noticed that the back panel could not completely close, I figured I had broken a clasp or something.

So, I pull out my old battery, with new one in hand (trying to swap them fast enough that the phone did not shut off [did not achieve this]) I noticed, HOLY GODS, my old battery was slightly OVAL shaped, instead of rectangular. I'm fairly certain that at some point my battery was at a critical explosion-imminent state, that I narrowly avoided experiencing.

So, now my phone works 100%, again, and is ready for another year of abuse.


I've come to notice that my blog postings as of late have been that of a complaining nature.
Well, not really. I'm mostly just talking about things that are going on in my life, of which there are so many.

But I was in my computer graphics class looking for pictures I had taken for a project, and forgot which account I had posted them to. I decided to google image search 'McStene', and fell upon my old wordpress blog, and started reading some of the things I had put on there.

I wrote about things that fascinated me, and things that were happening in a very uniquely humorous manner.
Quite literally writing the way I spoke, and continue to speak. Lately I've just been kind of direct-point vomiting on the screen.

We're making CD/DVD covers in class, and I've been making some pretty solid practice drafts with old pictures I've been able to find otherwise. I took a picture I took of some train tracks, tossed in a picture I took of some clouds, and lastly added a shot of Corey's wedding party, and made a zombie-themed cover, which I will upload, as soon as I'm in class, tomorrow.




I also took a picture of a duck, and set it on fire, and made up a band called "Ducks on Fire", the album being 'We Ride at Dawn'. The reception for it is quite positive, and should nothing else be sufficient, I will end up using it as my assignment. I will also upload that, tomorrow morning, as well.



I guess this weekend I'm helping a friend work on a tutorial video of how to use the school's new online learning tool. And we're likely going to be using Flash for an interactive tutorial portion. I'm using all the new things I'm learning! Also, flash is freaking awesome! I wish I had discovered it when I was 12 and watched things on newgrounds. It has just enough programming to keep it interesting and powerful, but is not so code-heavy that I get angry and wreck everything because the 400 pages I just wrote doesn't work because I used a ")" instead of "}"
[/rant]

See what I did there? with the HTML tag?(but without carrots, because it wouldn't display)
Because HTML SUCKS.
IT SUCKS HARD

Welcome to the portion of the blog where I DO complain. A LOT.
Because HTML SUCKS.

"Oh, my You've worked on this page all day, following everything right out of the book, and it looks really nice. You'll get an A on it"

It runs as intended! YES!

"Now, let's add this tiny bit at the very bottom"

Okay. *uses a parenthesis, instead of curly bracket, unknowingly*

"OH MY GOD YOU BROKE THE ENTIRE PAGE. I'M NOT GOING TO DISPLAY ANYTHING THAT WAS WORKING UP UNTIL THIS POINT UNTIL YOU FIX IT"

Holy cow! What did I do wrong?

"FIX IT  FIX IT  FIX IT  FIX IT  FIX IT  FIX IT  FIX IT  FIX IT  FIX IT  FIX IT  FIX IT  FIX IT"


Oh. I messed up a bracket. FU HTML.



What sucks I used HTML to make that portion, where I converse with hypothetical HTML

But seriously, What kind of programming language screws up the entire project when one component is flawed that is totally separate from the rest of the page?

I guess I understand, now, what it means to have a modular programming engine. I would imagine that something modular, if you screwed up a piece, the whole thing would compile and operate sans screwed up piece.

Or HTML REALLY REALLY REALLY SUCKS.
Or I suck at HTML.


Either way, I was approached about an internship in web design, and my feet immediately grew propellers, started spinning around, then twisted and snapped my spine, because that's not how feet work.

No comments:

Post a Comment