Saturday, September 1, 2012

So, I spent all of today continuing working on the Blacksmithing series.

Doug says he wants any filler music to be Bluegrass. I think Bluegrass is the style of music I have the least amount of experience with, aside from like really specific and obscure genres. Oh, and screamo.

I despise screamo. I am an advocate for "Don't tear down on styles of music just because it doesn't fit your tastes" But I will absolutely discredit screamo on the daily. There was this post on a Borderlands 2 trailer, titled "Only hardcore Borderlands fans will get this song!" I clicked it and it was screamo, and now it's stuck in my head because I have yet to find what a hardcore Borderlands fan is supposed to relate in it.

It mentions an angel, and some other pretty stupidly vague and overused literary components. (did I mention 'literary components' and screamo in the same breath? Even that angers me, because my being bothered by it validates it.) Anyway, most of the song was talking about "The Beast" and "Man, that's some evil piss!"


THAT DOESN'T EVEN.

WHAT.

NO.

YOU'RE DRUNK.

GO HOME.


And those are the words you can understand.




So, anyway. Bluegrass. I actually kind of like it. Which is weird, because I don't really care for country all that much, and I associate rednecks with country.

There is an ilk of person that transcends redneckdom, and I can only call them hilljacks.
I.E. former neighbors.

Bluegrass originates from Appalachia, which is the hills where the hilljacks are from.
So, by a logical standard, I should vomit the minute Bluegrass enters my ears.

And you SHOULD call poison control anytime you ingest blue grass.

But I like it. So long as it doesn't contain vocals.
So I've spent most of the day locating royalty free, vocal less Bluegrass music to use as filler in parts of the series.

While I was developing my musical pallet, my chair broke. this is what happens when you dumpster dive.
My chair does not stop if you lean back. So, now it's super uncomfortable, and makes me angry.



Life is sooooo harrrd.





One of my projects for my Computer Graphics class is to make a CD and DVD cover.
I've been thinking about what I'm going to do for them. Here's an idea of what I think I'm gonna go for on the CD cover.



I'm going for a sort of 'Aphex Twin' feel, because super weird is super fun. It's going to be a photgraph, not a drawing, and the faces are going to be like a group picture with some samefacing, or faceswapping going on.


I really don't actually know what I'm doing. but it's an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment